Brakes are a very critical safety feature in our vehicles, which is why it is important to make sure we are keeping them in good condition. Here are five signs to be aware of that could indicate that it’s time for a brake repair in Alexandria, VA or the surrounding areas:
- Squealing: Your brakes have been designed to squeal or screech to alert you that the brake pads are getting low. If you hear this, contact a brake repair specialist right away to prevent the problem from getting worse.
- Vibrating: Shaking, vibrating, or other unusual motions from your car when you apply your brakes may indicate warped rotors.
- Howling or grinding: If a howling or grinding noise happens when you brake, it’s likely because you have very little or no brake pads left, meaning that metal is grinding on metal.
- Soft brake pedal: If you find that you need to push further down on your brake pedal to use your brakes, it could indicate a couple of different issues. Your brake pads could be worn down, or your brake fluid could be low. A brake specialist will diagnose this.
- Pulling to one side: If your car pulls to one side when you brake, there is probably something wrong with your brake system. Problems can range from a collapsed brake hose or uneven brake pad wear or even a brake fluid issue, so it is best to see a technician.
Brake issues happen, but the team at The Brake Squad can help you fix them without you having to move your car! Visit TheBrakeSquad.com to learn how our mobile brake repair in Alexandria, VA can help you get back on the road safely.